Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Blah, blah, blah...zzzzzz.

AAIIIEEEEE!!!

What happened to the regular updating?! Well, you almost have to admit that for me, this counts as semi-regular updating. It is still 2007, after all.

No, a vacation (cheers!) coupled with loads of actual work (weeping!) have kept me from my blogging labors lately. True, there have been a couple of times in the past few weeks when I could have booted up the laptop instead of staring slack-jawed at a Dirty Jobs marathon or something, but sometimes you just need to stare slack-jawed at a Dirty Jobs marathon. Also, Wilbur was away from home on business for a couple of weeks in there and the Beast has little patience for things like “typing” and “staring slack-jawed.”

Tentative, tremulous baby steps have been made in the service of some long-overdue house projects, though, so it hasn’t all been fluffy slippers and bonbons when I haven’t been at work. Also, it's bizarrely fascinating how many dirty clothes two people with no actual human offspring can generate in the course of a week. This phenomenon merits scientific study. It may have something to do with the multiple showers each day, which I realize is horribly wasteful but HAVE YOU NOTICED HOW HOT IT HAS BEEN FOR THE PAST MONTH??? The sweat -- dear God, the sweat!

I have also signed up for the Kiawah half marathon again, which…. Sigh. It means I have to start training, and PRONTO, because I can’t do it again as woefully unprepared as I was last year. (Where “woefully unprepared” = barfing by mile 7 and practically crawling by the end.)

So, that’s about it for me.

My sister (who shall remain nicknameless until she picks something) and her boyfriend became engaged a couple of weeks ago, so that has been the main excitement in these parts. (Unless I’m forgetting something, which is entirely possible, since lately I have the attention span of a doughnut. Mmmmm… doughnuts….)

2 Comments:

Blogger cb said...

I SO want that corn recipe you mentioned on Mir's blog--pretty please!!

4:40 PM  
Blogger JAM said...

No prob -- I'll leave it on your blog, but I'll put it here, too, in case anyone else stumbles by. A friend of mine makes this and it has become a party staple.

1 bag 16oz frozen white shoepeg corn OR 3 cups fresh corn

1/2 stick butter, softened

1 8-oz block cream cheese, softened

jalepenos to taste

grease baking dish, mix the above and dump it in, and heat at 350 for about 20 min

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home